High school sports

I never participated in high school sports, unless you include cheerleading — which I don’t.

Did you participate in high school sports?

This entry was posted in all about you and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to High school sports

Not if I could help it! Fifty years ago, the only girls who did were natural athletes, because nobody taught sports to girls.

Only in gym class. I did not have a natural ability for sports and no one in our family was athletic (but my mom was a cheeleader in her high school).

3. Jon says:

I was an athlete. I played football, basketball, track. I was pretty good.
    I gave basketball when we had a substitute coach for one away game. I was a starter in all my games, but he left me on the bench because I was short. He let me in the last two minutes of the game. We made a comeback when I was in the game. We almost won. The coach said after the game, “Why didn’t you tell me you were good?…….”
    I felt like saying, “Why did you stereotype me?” I was the shortest guy on the team.
    I gave up basketball after that game.

Yes. In high school, it was diving in the fall, gymnastics in the winter/spring, and softball in the spring.

I am a terrible klutz. I vaguely remember playing volleyball in gym class, but I was definitely not a player.

Back in the really old days, there were only gym classes for girls. I’m like Bev – doing well to walk without falling down. So no sports for me.