eReaders

I love my iPad and sometimes I will read a book on it. My husband prefers his Nook, and my mother-in-law has the Kindle. Which eReader do you like to read your books on?

This entry was posted in books, Poll and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to eReaders

I’m not there yet. While I can see the advantages of an electronic book, it’s a luxury I can’t afford.

2. Jon says:

I have an ipad but I still prefer a melly, musty, dogeared book.

I have an iPad and have used Kindles and Nooks, but don’t really like them for reading. The iPad is too bright. I guess I’m kind of old school when it comes to books.

Hubby decided we needed a Nook earlier this year. I read on it occasionally but still prefer the feel of a book.

I LOVE my Kindle. I suspect I would love a Nook, but what I like most about the Kindle is the battery life. I can charge it at the start of a vacation, load it up with books, and not have to think about it until I get home, because the battery will last 2 months. The Nook has a battery life of 8 hours, I believe. I love the feel of a book too, but these days the print is getting harder to read, and I can adjust the size of the print on the Kindle. (Also, the dogs tend to eat books) The only thing I don’t like about the Kindle is that I can’t read in the dark. For that I have to use the iTouch, which I also have!

I have a Kindle and love it. I got it because most books are too heavy for me to hold anymore. It was definitely a comfort thing for me. Otherwise, I’d rather get library books and not buy them. I haven’t tried to borrow an e-book from the library yet, but I’ll get there. And, like Bev, I love having to worry about running out of something to read when I’m not at home.