The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I read the book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but I did not see the movie (foreign or the US version).

Did you see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? Did you think it did the book justice?

This entry was posted in books, Movies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I’ve neither read the book nor seen the movie. From what I’ve read about it, it’s very dark and depressing – and I tend to avoid things like that.

I haven’t read the books (there are three of them??) yet. I probably won’t see them until the furor dies down; then maybe I can find a cheap used copy.

3. annieology says:

Oh you HAVE to see the movie. It is brilliant! I’ve seen it three times and would go again.

I saw the Swedish movie, which was excellent, but I haven’t seen the American one yet.

I saw the Swedish ones, too, and thought they were pretty good adaptations of the book – long, boring and unnecessarily brutal. I haven’t seen the Daniel Craig version, even though I adore him. The storyline is just too much of a yawner for me.

6. Carol says:

Read the books — very interesting, different kind of mystery. Saw the American movie — fairly true to books. Rooney Mara was amazing — a great performance, but as noted rather dark.

I wasn’t a fan of the book, but I wouldn’t mind slipping in to see the movie if it’s available on Saturday during my Best Picture Showcase since I’ve got a few hours to kill when they show a couple movies I already saw.

8. I read the book it was amazing. I am scared to see the movie as I just went to see The Woman in Black after I read the book and it was horrible.