Greatest movie villain of all time

Who is the greatest movie villain of all time?

This entry was posted in Movies and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Greatest movie villain of all time

The first that comes to mind is the Wicked Witch of the East.

Mary has a good answer, not just because the witch was wicked but because the part was played so well.

No…the Wicked Witch of the East had a house dropped on her. It was the Wicked Witch of the WEST who caused all the problems.

But I’m voting for Hannibal Lechter

• Jennifer says:

Ugh… shudder. That is not a villain story to me, but a real-life one. Hannibal was based on Ed Gein, who was from Plainfield, WI – about 15 minute from where I grew up. Supposedly, Alice, the woman who worked at my corner store (and grandmother of my childhood friend), was to be his next victim. Ick.

• Indigo says:

His last victim was my mom’s cousin’s grandma. My great grandparents were from Plainfield as well, grandpa had a auto repair shop there. They lived in this little pink house. Such memories!

• maryz says:

Sorry I got the wrong one, Bev. I knew you’d know the correct one. 8^)

No contest – Darth Vader.

I don’t know if I’d call him the greatest movie villain of all time but the first one that came to my mind was Ming The Merciless from the old Flash Gordon movies. I was pretty young when movies aired on TV in the early 1960s, but I’d guess there’s a darn good reason he was referred to as merciless.

6. jonathan.hemlock says:

It’s between the shark in “Jaws” and Elmer Fudd. Both could get pretty nasty on occasion.