Christmas cookies

CHRISTMAS COOKIESPhoto credit: roxi04

What is your favorite kinds of Christmas cookies to both bake and eat?

This entry was posted in Food. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Christmas cookies

I love peanut blossoms and sugar cookies to eat. Spritz cookies are fun to make.

My favorites are generic home-made cookies, usually drop cookies. No peppermint, no colored icing.

I don’t make any more, but my favorite Christmas cookies are Scotch Shortbread. My mother-in-law’s recipe, with mostly butter, sugar, and flour, rolled out with the springerle rolling pin. Fortunately, our daughters have taken up the baking, and even one of the granddaughters is learning how to do them. Yum!

I love Snickerdoodles and Mexican wedding cakes ( butter cookies with pecans)

Butter Balls (my mother-in-law’s name for Mexican wedding cakes).

Mexican wedding cakes (or pecan rolls, kinda like them only crescent shaped) are my favorites. Mmmmmmm! I’m the one with powdered sugar usually all over the place because I can’t stop myself from eating them.

7. jon says:

We don’t eat cookies unless you count ginger snaps, brownies, (are brownies technically a cookie?) We now cook sweet things in a muffin pan and now we call them muffins. Have you ever had a chocolate chip muffin?……yummie!