Working in DC

The U.S. Capitol - Washington, DCPhoto credit: MUDSUGAR

If you had to work in Washington, DC, what jobs would you most and least want to do?

This entry was posted in if you had to. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Working in DC

1. LisaS says:

I’d want to clerk for Antonin Scalia. I don’t care much for his views, but his briefs are fascinating & suggest an interesting process.

I wouldn’t be President to save my life.

I’d most want to work in the National Archives. I’d least like to answer the phones in the congressional offices. I actually did that, and it was brutal.

I always wanted to work in the Library of Congress. (Back in the day, the most important quality was to have a strong back, because there was a lot of filing to do.”

I think I would not like to work for anyone in Congress.

Working in acquisitions at the Smithsonian or the National Gallery or the American Indian Museum would be great.

I definitely would not want to be president, or working for anybody in Congess.

I DID work in Washington, DC, but in nothing having to do with government. I was a temp in the Washington Center for the University of California (filling in for my friend who was on maternity leave). But I would love to work at the Smithsonian American History museum, my favorite of the Smithsonian buildings. I definitely would not want to be a Congress critter.

6. jon says:

I would like to be Secretary of Education. The children nowe dize aint gettin a well educashin.

I wouldn’t like to be secretary of defense. I would be inclined to vaporize many major cities on a whim.