Pickles

PicklesPhoto credit: TahiniToo

I am not a fan of pickles, in fact, I find them disgusting. Blech.

Do you like pickles? Do you have a preference for a certain kind?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Pickles

Yep, I like pickles. My favorites are bread and butter pickles. I also like the sweet gherkins on occasion. Not a huge fan of dill pickles, but I’ll eat them. Dills tend to be too mushy and slimy.

I like most kinds of pickles, but they have to be prepared properly. Dill half-sours are delicious; if you don’t keep them too long, they’re not slimy.

My dad used to pickle green tomatoes, whatever hadn’t ripened by the end of the season. They were unbelievably delicious, and no one else seems to make them quite as good. I have tasted some that had no relationship to pickles.

Not in a box.
    Not with some lox.
    Not in a house.
    Not with a mouse.
    I would not eat them here or there.
    I would not eat them anywhere.
    I would not eat pickles.
    I do not like them, Sam-I-am.

Funny comments!

I don’t think I’ve ever met a pickle I didn’t like. I much prefer dills to sweet, but like those, too. I always have pickle relish to put in things like tuna or chicken salad. Daughter Margaret makes okra pickles and green bean pickles – they are fabulous! And there are the green tomato pickles – yum! Obviously, Harriet, Lindy, and I will take all those left-over pickles off your plates.

Oh my, I love pickles! How do you live in Milwaukee and not like pickles? Seems a bit blasphemous! I like most of them – sweet ones, dill ones, midget ones whatever. Delish!

6. LisaS says:

Little tiny gherkins. Giant hot fills from Southern convenience store counters. Kosher fills from tiny brown crocks at my favorite deli. Cheap flat slices in my burger. Cauliflower, green tomato, asparagus, green beam, beet. Love. All.