Three Things: Cancelled TV

What three cancelled tv shows do you wish they’d bring back?

This entry was posted in Three Things and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Three Things: Cancelled TV

They tried to resurrect a couple that just didn’t fly: one was a twenty-years-after “All in the Family,” and the other was “After-Mash,” which I liked but no one else did. (But I would have liked anything with Harry Morgan…)

You have to be careful: we always tend to think of “what might have been.”

Usually by the time the ones we love wind up, they’ve about used up reasonable story lines. I’d love to see followups of Northern Exposure and The West Wing. There was one of the “short series” on TNT (I think) called Memphis Blues – I’d like to see more of that series.

3. Jon says:

Howdy Doody, Cheers, and Boston Legal.

Yeah, like Mary Z, I miss West Wing and Northern Exposure. I’d also add the Dick Van Dyke Show, but given how ALL the actors in all 3 series aren’t as they were when the shows aired, I probably would not really want to see them brought back.

5. Colleen says:

Caprica, Terra Nova and The Riches.

Magnum P.I., Hill Street Blues, Homicide: Life on the Street.

Truthfully, I’m not much for resurrecting canceled shows. Part of the attraction to the original is who was cast in those parts.

My hubby likes to watch Nikita. While I agree it is a good show, I liked it much better when it was La Femme Nikita and Peta Wilson and Roy Dupuis were the main characters.

7. kathi says:

Only 3? I’ll have to go with some that went just 1 season then: Journeyman, New Amsterdam, Chicago Code. If I could do 10? Add Veronica Mars, Moonlight, Freaks and Geeks, Sports Night, The Dead Zone, Deadwood, Cupid. I know some are too far in the past to resurrect properly.

Firefly, Arrested Development (although I know it’s coming back for one season now), and Better Off Ted