This is the Weekend Q&A game and this is how you play:

The person before you has asked asked you a question. You’ll answer their question in the comments as well as ask the next person a question. The next person answers their question, and asks another, etc….. You are encouraged to participate often!

Would you rather live in a single level home or a two story home?

This entry was posted in Q&A and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

For convenience reasons only, I prefer a single level home, especially as we get older. All of our homes have been single level. I grew up in a 2-story home. HOWEVER, my in-laws live in a single-level with a basement and climbing those basement stairs several times a day, every day, has paid off for my mother-in-law (FIL passed earlier this year). MIL has NO osteoporosis, even though she is 92 years old. She still climbs the stairs every day, though has slowed a bit.

Have you (or will you) be attending any holiday programs this season?

• Sunny says:

No! Our little town has a big Christmas festival.
      It shuts down traffic and makes a mess of everything.
      I try to avoid holiday traffic, sales and activities as much as possible.
      I want all of this to be over so I can get back to sanity!

When you are cooking, do you routinely throw a pinch of salt over your right shoulder…you know…just in case?

We just came home from our only holiday “event” – the after-swimming-class brunch (covered dish) with the swim gals. Great food and fellowship out of the pool.

Will you have (or would you like to have) a White Christmas?

3. Jennifer's says:

We are getting 8″ today on top of the 7″ we got on Sunday. Yes, most definitely a white Christmas here.

We got a map for Christmas to put pins in to mark where we have traveled. Red pins are for dream trips. Where would you put the red pins?

It’s like those maps on the commercials, trying to show who has the best cell phone coverage. I would have to put red pins just about everywhere. Covered with white, because I won’t even go out of the house if there’s more than an inch or two.

Purely theoretical, because I don’t do Christmas: do you ever get tired of the whole holiday thing before the big day rolls around?

I am not a fan of Christmas, so by the time October is here I’m already tired of it.

Do prefer crushed ice or ice cubes?

I don’t really care as long as there’s lots of is. I don’t care for ice mush.

What’s your drink of choice with a meal?

water. cold. lots of it.

do you bake Christmas cookies? (what are your favorites?)

I don’t bake Christmas cookies, we are cutting down on the sweets in the house and baking cookies wouldn’t help the cause. Frosted cookies are my favorites along with pecan fingers or Mexican wedding cakes.

My husband has lost 40 pounds on Weight Watchers, what is the most amount of weight you’ve ever lost?

Over the course of several years, I lost the fifty pounds I had put on after the birth of my third child, mostly by walking the kids to school and being more careful of what I ate. (I had put that weight on by just grabbing something when I was hungry — which I usually was because I had shared my lunch with a kid.)

I never got that heavy again, but the year my son got married — a couple of years after I finished chemo and radiation — I felt heavier than I should. This time I used Nutrisystems, which was exceptionally easy, excused me from eating what my husband ate, and helped me drop about 10 percent of my total weight.

I nearly forgot: you need a question. Hmm…
    What’s the worst type of weather in your opinion?

10. Jennifer's says:

Tornado weather. It is not and muggy and unpredictably scary.

My son took a ski lesson today and wants to go on a big ski trip. Do you downhill ski?

Haven’t gone downhill skiing in a lot of years; not coordinated enough and don’t really enjoy it. I do like cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, however.

How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?

12. Jon says:

On the Internet. She lived in Montreal. Ilivedin upstate NY.

What’s the temperature where you are today?
    It’s 63 right now. We slept with the windows open last night.

11 degrees and we have snow covered lawns.

We are going to see The Hobbit in 3D today, do you prefer 3D movies?

I haven’t seen any of the modern 3D movies, and I am not sure I should. (Something about people with certain eye conditions…)

Many years ago, I did see Cinerama, one of the first really three-dimensional movies. (They used three projectors to get the effect.) I also saw “House of Wax,” an early 3D film that required special glasses; they show it flat on TV now. I can’t say either process really added anything to the narrative.

You’re returning home after running errands, even something as innocuous as driving around. Do you wash your hands as soon as you get in??

15. Jennifer's says:

No. Being immunocompromised, I wash my hands a lot though.

I watched Christmas Vacation yesterday and am watching Elf this afternoon with The Christmas Story on the docket for tonight. What is your favorite holiday movie?

fav would be White Christmas and Miracle on 34h St (the original). Re other questions, I only have vision in one eye so 3D is pretty much lost on me. Mexican wedding cakes are my favorite. And it would never occur to me to wash hands when coming home.

What gift are you most excited to be giving this year?