Questions Answered...This is the Weekend Q&A game and this is how you play:

The person before you has asked asked you a question. You’ll answer their question in the comments as well as ask the next person a question. The next person answers their question, and asks another, etc….. You are encouraged to participate often!

What is the silliest thing you’ve ever NOT done?

This entry was posted in Q&A and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

The silliest thing I have not done? I don’t know; maybe stay single?

Of all the parts of your daily routine, what do you still do, even if it’s no longer necessary?

I don’t have a lot of extra time to do things unless they’re necessary.

It stinks, but my parents and my husband’s parents are pretty crappy grandparents. They aren’t involved in my son’s life at all, and don’t know him beyond what I post in my blog. Did/do you have good grandparents?

My grandparents are pretty great, but my daughter has three sets of grandparents … one set is grandparents in name only. I cannot wrap my head around the way some people treat their kids and grandkids. They deserve a status more along the lines of ‘family friend’ or possibly ‘distant cousin’.

It seems I thought today was Friday when posting the Weekend Q&A … OOPS! What day do you usually mistake for another day?

I like to think we’re pretty good grandparents – you’d have to ask them (ages 30-24). We didn’t go to games, concerts, sports things, etc., because we didn’t live in the same town with them. I’m not much into little league type things, so I don’t know what I’d have done if we did live near them. They always make a point of stopping by to see us when they go through the area, and they “friend” us on FB, so I guess we did a pretty good job.

What spectator sports do you enjoy?

I always mix up Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It’s that middle of the week humdrum.

I enjoy watching a lot of sports – baseball, hockey, football, lacrosse. I think basketball is the one I can think of that I really dislike.

What vacation(s) do you have planned for 2014?

6. Sunny says:

I get bored watching sports………

A good friend of mine has terrible cooking anxiety.
    She must follow an exact recipe, she has to have all the ingredients (no matter how exotic they are) and if things don’t turn out perfectly, she must explain, make excuses and apologize.
    I, on the other hand can just wing it with what I have on hand and never apologize for anything I’ve cooked.
    You either eat it, starve or make yourself a peanut butter sandwich.

What is your level of cooking anxiety?

I’m not a huge spectator sport fan unless my team is playing, i.e. I would watch the Superbpwl if the 49ers were in it but not interested this year. I enjoy Giants games but not interested in a game where 2 teams I’m not a fan of are playing.

Do you like Buffalo wings?

obviously we were posting at the same time. My cooking anxiety is pretty much non-existant. I’ll try anything.

NOW I’ll ask if you like buffalo wings

I don’t mind buffalo wings, though I find the name silly. (Buffalos don’t have wings!)

Back to the cooking arena, I grew up in a household where we always had to make substitutions for one reason or another — usually to keep our food kosher. The substitutions often led to really great recipes. For those of you who wing it, what discoveries have you made?

My winging it has led the house to discover that my husband is a much better cook.

What vacation do you have planned this year?

No cut-in-stone vacation plans yet but as long as we are living in Indiana, our planned vacations will be to Arizona, Utah, and/or Idaho.

What is your favorite national or state park?

Canyon de Chelly is my very favorite; next would be Bryce Canyon. But I love them all.

Do you make home-made soup? What kind?

13. Sunny says:

I usually make vegetable soup becuase I can use anything and everything I have in the freezer and it’s always good.

Yesterday, I made 19 homemade suet cakes for the wild birds to eat.
    I steam and chop carrots, apples and hay for my 100 year old donkey 3 times a day and I soak her grain because she cannot chew anything hard anymore.
    I also cook carrots and broccoli for the dog and I bake parrot cookies for my African Grey parrot.
    The only one who doesn’t get any special treatment is my outside cat because he will eat a dead bird on a cold foggy morning and turn his nose up at gourmet cat food.

Do you cook for your pets?

Yes. He gets lots of the vegetables and things we eat, but he also gets this really disgusting mixture of chicken livers and vegetables he adores to supplement his meals. We also do a lot of seafood chopping and prepping for the fish.

In addition to the birds, I’ve chosen to feed the squirrels this winter. I felt really bad for them when I noticed they were shivering. (Which my husband says I’m going to regret doing this spring when our yard is all torn up) What animals do you feed?

just the ones who live with us.

Will you be watching the Super Bowl? (We’re going to an opera that afternoon)