Sochi

We have the Olympics on most of the time and the only thing we change the channel for is the ice skating.
What Olympic events are you most interested in, or not interested in?

This entry was posted in television and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Sochi

I love most of it, but really enjoy all the sled events – luge, skeleton and bobsled. I hate the figure skating, particularly the ice dancing.

None of it this time. Most of the new events don’t make any sense to me. I used to watch figure skating, but I am not compelled to search for it. (I really don’t understand ice dancing and how it differs from pairs figure skating.)

3. Sunny says:

Being the cynic that I am, I have Nooooo interest in watching ANY of the Olympics BUT that being said…
    I did find it amusing when I turned on the TV at 3 a.m the other morning and got to see some of the Curling.
    That always leaves me puzzled.
    The brooms and the chatter crack me up.
    And they take themselves seriously!
    I guess it’s like Bocce Ball on ice…..

4. Sunny says:

Or maybe Shuffleboard on ice is closer…..

We love curling, and watch most of that. John likes the hockey. I’m enjoying the live skating (in the mornings) because I really am learning from the commentary of Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir. Basically, it’s on most of the time around here. John’s basically a purist (engineer) – he only likes things that can be timed or measured – doesn’t like things that are judged for content or artistry.

At this stage of the Olympics (toward the end) I am growing weary. I don’t understand any of the downhill skiing…they all look the same to me. The snowboarders and the skeletons are insane. And yes, I like the curling too, though it seems too dangerously close to “housekeeping” with all that sweeping.

7. Jon says:

I like hockey. I don’t care much for sports that have scoring judges.