Christmas decorations

Thanks to Jen for last week’s inspiration – a little questionnaire (based on her question) about your decorating needs/habits … feel free to answer, after all that’s why we’re here ;o)

1. Do you decorate your living space at Christmas time?
2. Inside only?
3. Outside?  Both?
4. A real tree?  Or artificial?
5. If it’s a real tree … what do you do with it once Christmas is over?
6. What’s on the top of your tree?
7. Do your tree ornaments follow a “theme”?
8. Is there a traditional date when you decorate?  And when you take the decorations down?
9. Does the room look bare afterwards or is it just me?

p.s. I feel, for the first time really nosey after asking all that … how bizarre!

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Christmas decorations

1. The Blogger says:

I totally admit to being one of the nosiest people I know

2. ozcanadian says:

1. Do you decorate your living space at Christmas time? yep
    2. Inside only? yeah
    3. Outside? Both? not outside
    4. A real tree? Or artificial? artificial (better for the environment and cheaper)
    5. If it’s a real tree … what do you do with it once Christmas is over? another reason i have a fake one
    6. What’s on the top of your tree? a star made of straw
    7. Do your tree ornaments follow a “theme”? most of them are special ones from places i’ve been or lived or given to me by someone. the rest are $2 shop ones my m-i-l bought when she got my tree for me a few years ago
    8. Is there a traditional date when you decorate? any time after december 1 (but this year i did it nov 30 just cuz i figured i wouldn’t have time during the week)
    And when you take the decorations down? just after the new year
    9. Does the room look bare afterwards or is it just me? it’s bare

ozcanadians last blog post..farmer

3. wildbill says:

-This year-Yes!
    -Inside- after all, Christmas is in the heart.
    -This year considering a small, Live real tree!
    - Plant it!
    - If the star my parents can be made to fit on top, then I’ll use that.
    - Theme- My extensive and growing collection of 1950′s-60′s “Glass” ornaments, mixed in with Custom, Artist & blown by me Ornaments! and tin ornaments from Tin Lizzie- Google her.
    -Up Now- Down Mid Jan.

wildbills last blog post..Air – Sungha Jung

4. Teuchter says:

Christmas decorations at The Towers are fairly minimal due to me having developed a serious case of BahHumbuggery over recent years.
    The living room will have the tree, the cards and one or two bits and pieces.
    The outside will have a simple chain of white lights.
    The tree won’t go up until a few days before Xmas and will be real – a locally grown Nordmann Fir because it smells wonderful and doesn’t drop its needles.
    Shortly after Twelfth Night the tree will be deposited in the local tree-recycling area which the village has every year.
    On top of the tree, comme d’habitude, an angel.
    The tree ornaments are mainly silver, blue, red or glass. About ten years ago I went to see the Kristkindlemarkt in Salzburg with a German friend and came across the Easter Egg Shop. They do Xmas ones too and I bought half a dozen of them.
    All the decorations need to be down by Twelfth Night; according to Scots tradition, it’s bad luck to leave them up beyond that.

And no, it’s not just you, the room does look very bare afterwards but I quite like that – clean new room for a clean new year.

Teuchters last blog post..Extravagant behaviour

5. Do you decorate your living space at Christmas time? yes
    2. Inside only? no
    3. Outside? Both? both
    4. A real tree? Or artificial? artificial, we have allergies
    5. If it’s a real tree … what do you do with it once Christmas is over?
    6. What’s on the top of your tree? a star with lights
    7. Do your tree ornaments follow a “theme”? no
    8. Is there a traditional date when you decorate? And when you take the decorations down? it’s always the first week of december, it takes me a week to do all the decorating. i’m ready to take the stuff down on december 26, but i have to wait until the kids are back in school, so the monday they go back is when everything gets packed up.
    9. Does the room look bare afterwards or is it just me? bare and clean!

better safe than sorrys last blog post..To Quote Jiminy Cricket

We decorated all the time when the kids were little. Real tree (that we cut ourselves), inside, many homemade ornaments, many sentimental decorations, the “nunu lights” outside (so named because we had so few and when we draped them across bushes for the first time they seemed to spell out the word “nunu”. The thrill went out of it when the kids grew up and moved away and two of our kids died. Now it’s a chore and last year we didn’t even put up a tree. This year we will be 400 miles away hoping to get the Christmas spirit back by spending our granddaughter’s first Christmas with her.

Bevs last blog post..Cough, Cough

7. Shannon H. says:

I like to decorate my living space at Christmas time but maybe not this year. I like to decorate outside with lots of pretty lights and inside I put up an artificial tree and a few things on my mantel.

Some years I put an angel on top of the tree and other years I put a star on top. My ornaments do not follow any type of theme. I put up whatever strikes my fancy that year. Usually we put up the tree the day after Thanksgiving and take it down New Year’s Day. Last year my son put up the tree the week of Christmas and took it down the day after.

The room looks bare after taking down the tree so I fill it up with furniture LOL

Shannon H.s last blog post..Camera Critters: Cold Doggies!